NetSuite delivers rapid business value. And that value is only enhanced as more dashboards are customized, more preferences personalized, and more saved searches fine-tuned. We’re here to help super-charge your Netsuite Admin capabilities… so here are some new Admin tips from NetSuite that will help you get the most our of your NetSuite in 2023.
General and User Preferences
- Adjust the number of rows in a list or entries in a search bar dropdown by going to Home > Set Preferences and under Optimizing NetSuite selecting the preferred number of results.
- You can standardize date formats on that same Set Preferences General tab under Formatting.
- Change your NetSuite UI color scheme by navigating to Home > Set Preferences > Appearance. The Color Theme dropdown shows all available colors, including school colors for many US colleges.
- You can give all non-admin users the same toolbars rather than role-specific ones by navigating to the same Appearance tab and under Centers & Dashboards selecting the box next to Use Classic Interface.
- If you’re booking out-of-period transactions that you want tied to the general ledger for reporting purposes, go to the Analytics tab in Set Preferences, and under Reporting, change Report By Period to All Reports instead of Financials Only (the default setting).
- Sales and operations employees can quickly get the information they need with customer or vendor dashboards. First pull up a list of customers or vendors. Hover over the record and a Customer/Vendor Dashboard button should appear to the right of the Edit button. You can also access this when in a customer or vendor record by clicking View Dashboard in the upper-right hand corner.
- For more information on the latest NetSuite release, hit Personalize in the upper-right corner of your home screen. Click the icon labeled New Release to add the New Release Portlet to your dashboard. From the portlet, you can review release notes and access your Release Preview account.
- Change how reports are categorized to what makes the most sense for you by navigating to Customization > Centers and Tabs > Center Categories > New.
- Double-click the Oracle NetSuite logo in the top left-hand corner for quick details on the performance of your NetSuite instance to quickly identify potential issues.
- Download the NetSuite Application Performance Management SuiteApp for a deeper look into system performance, including customizations and mission-critical operations. It shows a dashboard highlighting potential issues, performance KPIs, and server and client response times. It also helps prioritize problems by usage and traffic, among other tasks.
More NetSuite Admin Tips
Two NetSuite experts, Toast Senior NetSuite Administrator Oxana Kabakova and NetSuite Principal Compliance Manager Lisa Robinson, ran through a number of oft-overlook tips and tricks in a session at SuiteWorld 2022. Get the full run-down here.
Is your NetSuite running at full throttle? Get in touch with SuiteMates, Limebox’s NetSuite Admin support team on demand. From outsourced, fractional administrative services to on-demand technical support. You get the expertise of a full NetSuite department. And only pay for the services you need. Find out more about SuiteMates here.
At Limebox, we help organizations implement and optimize enterprise-ready NetSuite, and custom software solutions, for their entire ecosystem. We deliver bonafide results the first time. With an eye for simplification and a genius for problem solving.